Axel's is seeking a Web Designer & Developer to join our growing team. Primary roles include managing, developing, and growing our 3 branded websites.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Understanding of fundamental design principles such as color theory, typography information design
- Self starter, passionate problem solver
- Ability to take creative direction and execute
- Ability to work well without close supervision
- Self-starter who can take accountability and ownership of projects
- Expert level working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier
- Video editing and/or animationRoles and Responsibilities
- Proficient understanding of open source web technologies, including HTML, CSS
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Creative Suite, is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross- browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT/SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the site will adhere to them.
- Working knowledge of UX and Web Design responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree or equivelant
- 5+ years professional experience
Full time position starts Fall ‘18
Send us an e-mail to email@example.com with the following info:
- Brief cover letter summarizing your skills
- Three industry references
We look forward to meeting you